Welcome to Year 4!!!
We have an exciting year ahead of us in Year 4. This page is the place to see and read about all the fantastic experiences we will share over the next three terms. Below is some information that will help your child to make the most of all the opportunities provided throughout their Year 4 journey.
- Children will be given spelling to learn every Friday, with tests taking place the following Friday.
- Children will be provided with a Bug Club reading book and Reading Record. As part of their homework, children are asked to read three times. Reading Records will be checked on Fridays and children with three signatures from home will receive a reward. Children can also access Bug Club online to read and complete comprehensions.
- TTRockstars has been a great success in school and children are encouraged to access this at home to help to hone their times tables skills. This is especially important for Year 4 children with the upcoming nation Multiplication Tables Check.
- Purple Mash and Mathletics are also available to access at home.
- Children will need PE kit on a Thursday and swimming kit on a Monday. Swimming kit should consist of a towel, swimming costume/trunks/shorts (no longer than knee length) and googles if possible.