Our teacher is Miss Butterfield and
our teaching assistant is Miss Learoyd
Welcome to our class page!
Please see the half termly parent overview to find out what your child will be learning this half term, it is located in the curriculum tab.
Year 1 have been hard at work in our outdoor wildlife area. We collected lots of different shaped, coloured and sized leaves to create artwork of animals and insects we might find in our wildlife area. The children found butterflies and birds. Take a look at their amazing artwork.
It won’t be long now until we are all reunited with our friends and teachers. We are just as excited as you are to return to school.
During the first few weeks of this half term, we will be spending lots of time getting to know each other and we will be looking very closely at our feelings and emotions. We have lots of fun activities to help ease us all in to a new routine after such a long time apart. We’re all in this together and I know you’ll all be amazing.
I look forward to seeing you all soon!
A big welcome to our new Year 1 class of 2020/2021.
Please use our class page to keep yourselves updated about your child’s learning and school experiences.
Below is some useful information to help you in this new school year:
- Doors will be open at 09:10 and collection of your child will be at 15:30, from the Year 1 classroom door. I have attached a photo below of our entry and exit point.
- Year 1 will have their weekly spelling test each Wednesday and new spellings will be given out that same day. If your child completes their homework, they will receive two Dojos! An excellent way of gaining those extra points and being in with a good chance of winning a class prize at the end of each term.
- Our PE days are Mondays and Thursdays. Please bring your child to school in their outdoor P.E kits on these days.
Water bottles are to be brought into school and taken home each day.
- Each child will be provided with a reading book and reading record. Reading books will be handed out on Mondays and are to be kept at home during the week. Please return your child’s book each Friday to be swapped. Please also don’t forget to access Bug Club online if possible. Your child can then read extra books if they would like a challenge and will be rewarded with a dojo point each time they access this site. This may also help your child’s fluency and confidence in reading, which will benefit them greatly for their Phonics Screening Check in June 2021.
- TTRockstars has been a great success in school and children are encouraged to access this at home.
- Work will also be set and accessible on Purple Mash and Mathletics, which is to be completed at home if possible.
If you would like to see more information about our return to school, please look at our transition page which is located in the 'Our School' tab.
Both me and Miss Learoyd are really looking forward to seeing you all in September. We hope you have enjoyed your summer holidays and we will see you all soon.
Take care and stay safe everyone.