Teacher - Miss Whipp Teaching assistant - Mrs Asprey
Come and share our learning journey!
We have an exciting year ahead of us. Our class page will keep you updated about our learning opportunities and how we will learn and grow together.
Please see the half termly parent overview to find out what the children will be learning this half term, it is located in the curriculum tab.
Year 2 were so excited on Wednesday when wearing their Halloween costumes that they wanted to produce some Halloween writing! Here are some wonderful examples.
Autumn is coming!
Autumn is coming very soon and we got extremely excited about the current fallen leaves outside so we decided to make an artistic picture. We each collected our own materials and added them to create a picture of a tree. We added our materials, without moving existing sticks and leaves, and did so until we were happy with our final piece.
Art and Design
We have been venturing out into the wildlife area during our time in Year 2 and picked up lots of fallen leaves. We decided we would like to create some art work using the leaves we picked up. Using a range of coloured chalk, we applied new techniques of shading and created different colour tones to a piece of black card. We are very happy with the final outcome!
We thought of many ways to stay safe, in and out of school. To show our learning and understanding, we created wonderful posters.
A New Year!.
There is some useful information below, to help you along the way:
- Doors will be open at 09:10 and collection of your child will be at 15:30, from the Year 2 classroom door (see below for image).
- Children must come to school wearing outdoor kits on P.E days. Year 2 PE days are Tuesday and Wednesday for the first half-term.
Water bottles can be brought into school and taken home daily.
- Children will be provided with a Bug Club reading book and Reading Record to take home and read, whenever possible. Reading books will be handed out on Mondays and will be taken in on Thursdays to be quarantined. Book bags are to be brought to school everyday. Children can also access Bug Club online to read and complete comprehension activities, over the weekend.
- TTRockstars has been a great success in school and children are encouraged to access this at home.
- Purple Mash and Mathletics are also available to access at home.
Entry and Exit Point:
Hi, Year 2!
I hope you are all enjoying the summer holidays.
I am just tuning in to say how excited I am for our return to school! Currently, I am preparing for our fun first few weeks of learning which will consist of lots of 'getting to know you' activities. We will look closely at how we are feeling on our return back to school and will take part in enjoyable activities to help ease in to a new routine. We will take each step together and help each other along the way.
I have no doubts that you will all be absolutely amazing!
I will see you all very soon!
Miss Whipp :)