I hope you are all well and making the most of learning at home. In this section, I will post many different things to help you along the way and maybe you have some exciting things to share too.
Our usual sites for learning:
TT Rockstars: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student
Active Learn: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
Further useful websites can be found beneath the class links on the home learning page.
As links have been included, you will need to download the document to click on them. That will make things super easy and easy to find on-line!
We have received a request that our year 6 and 5 pupils complete a survey. This information will help inform Wakefield Local Authority and subsequently mainstream schools regarding your views in these difficult times.
We now have the completed survey that is designed to gain insight into children’s and young peoples experiences of the current epidemic and how this has affected their health and well-being, whether they have been at home or have attended school.
Key Facts About the Survey
- Its targeted at Year 5 and above
- It is 100% anonymous, we do not collect any information that could identify someone
- It has been created and is distributed by the Public Health and Health Improvement Teams of Wakefield Council
- Children and Young People have until 31st May 2020 to complete it
- It can be completed on any internet connected device such as a laptop, phone or tablet
- It should only take 5 to 10 minutes to complete
- The survey data will be analysed and a report produced that will be made available to all schools, Council departments and health colleagues.
- The survey link is as follows: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/School_Lockdown_Survey
- The survey is for children and young people that have attended school and those that have stayed at home during the lockdown please encourage both.
- The survey also contains details of the recently produced website https://wf-i-can.co.uk/ which is a child and young person centred website detailing all the local support to help them with their health and well-being needs.
Thank you for your support.
Super Home Learners!
Hello everyone! We have now started using Class Dojo as a messaging service where you can send photos of your work and I can reply directly to you. Parents can download the Class Dojo app and ring the office for their activation code. I also upload exciting craft activities or share information to help home schooling too. Hope to see you all there!
Well done Ebonie for super writing! You have thought very carefully about how you have sorted your text about and included appropriate technical vocabulary. A super effort! Well done.
A huge well done to Savannah and Charlie for their amazing zoo designs. I can see how hard you have tried to make them engaging and exciting: they are really colourful. I hope you all share some of your work with me, I really enjoy to see what you are up to. Stay safe everyone!..