Dear Parents and Carers
Hello and welcome to the Shay Lane Primary School website. We very much hope that the information contained within the site will give you an insight and help you to understand our school and our aims and objectives.
We place a great deal of importance on our partnership with parents and carers and believe that our children learn best when we work together. We believe it is important to build relationships with you, involving you in your child's education and development, supporting each other to ensure each child achieves their full potential.
"Our Vision" is to provide a caring and challenging learning environment which will promote the highest achievement regardless of gender, ethnicity or ability.
We will achieve this through having the highest of expectations and encouraging all to attain excellence. We will learn together as a community through the provision of inspirational experiences. Our caring and dedicated staff will prepare our children with the skills to succeed as life-long learners and leaders of the future.
Shay Lane Primary School is characterised by its core values and high expectations for pupil achievement and personal development.
Dedication: We work hard
Aspiration: We aim high
Co-operation: We work as a team
Inspiration: We are excited about our learning
Mrs M Melgram
Our November 2018 Inspection Letter is available on the parents tab under Ofsted Report
Some of our "Key" inspection findings from 2018:
- Pupils are developing confident reading, writing and mathematics skills.
- Pupils enjoy their stimulating lessons and the opportunity to apply their skills.
- The quality of teaching is consistently strong.
- Pupils enjoy the broad curriculum. They are excited by the interesting experiences they have at the start of each theme.
- The curriculum is designed to make sure pupils have access to challenging texts so that they improve their reading quickly and build a rich and sophisticated vocabulary.
- Pupils are confident on how to keep themselves safe...
Safeguarding... Designated Safeguarding Lead - Mrs M Melgram, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead - Mr A Poppleton and Miss K Stones... Safeguarding Governor - Mrs V Sykes SENCO Mrs E Cooper
We are part of the Kettlethorpe Collaborative Partnership
Latest Dates for parents Events
- School resumes after Easter Holidays23Apr2019
9:00 am - 9:00 am
- Treacle Bear Day24Apr2019
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Children are welcome to purchase a Treacle Bear biscuit for a £1 to support Wakefield Hospice.
- Austerfield Residential Trip - Year 3 & Year 420May2019
9:00 am - 22 may, 3:15 pm
More information to follow.