At Shay Lane we believe PE and sport plays an important role in making our school vision a reality for every pupil, providing a caring and challenging learning environment which promotes the highest achievement regardless of gender, ethnicity or ability. Our core values of: Dedication, Aspiration, Co-operation, and Inspiration are at the centre of school and our children’s experiences. PE and sport is an important vehicle for all our children to experience these values whilst attending Shay Lane. PE and sport promotes these important values that children will be able to take with them along their life long journey.
- We promote participation for all children, in many different physical and sporting activities.
- We support our children to play to the spirit of the game and learn the value in being a good sports person.
- We provide opportunities to develop moral, spiritual, social and cultural development.
- We promote physical activity as an important part in a healthy life style.
- We want all children to enjoy and succeed in physical activity and sport.
Whole School Overview