We feel that it is important for every child to develop a sense of belonging to Shay Lane Primary School and to take pride in their appearance.
To this end we have a school uniform which gives the children a corporate identity.
School staff, whilst not wearing a uniform, are of course expected to dress appropriately and model a smart professional appearance.
Our school uniform with our school logo embroidered on it can be purchased from The Uniform Centre, 88 Kirkgate, Wakefield, WF1 1TB. They can be contacted on 01924 366633 or you can access their website on www.theuniformcentre.co.uk
School uniform consists of:
- Grey trousers, long or short.
- Grey pinafore dress or skirt.
- Navy blue V-neck jumper or cardigan.
- White shirt for Juniors with school tie (available in school for £2.70).
- White polo shirt for Infants.
- Black shoes, with a sensible height heel. (Fashion shoes are not appropriate footwear for school.)
White or grey socks.
Children may need to bring a hat and sun cream for protection against the sun.
Girls may wear navy blue and white checked dresses.
- Children need a complete change of clothes.
- White T-shirt, navy blue shorts or P.E. skirt and white socks . (please do not send children with football team shirts / shorts or designer logos.)
- Long hair needs to be tied back.
- All jewellery must be removed.
- Children work barefoot indoors
- Pumps or trainers for outdoor games.
- Navy blue tracksuits for cold weather.
P.E. Kit should be brought into school on Monday mornings and taken home on Friday afternoons.
Children in Year 4 will need swimwear for their swimming lessons on Monday afternoons. The swimming baths do not allow shorts, bikinis or jewellery to be worn.
All clothing should be marked with the children's names or initials.