We feel that it is important for every child to develop a sense of belonging to Shay Lane Primary School and to take pride in their appearance.
To this end we have a school uniform which gives the children a corporate identity, which all pupils including our Nursery children will be expected to wear from September 2020.
Uniform with our school logo on can be obtained from The Uniform Centre, 20 The Springs, Wakefield, WF1 1QE and can be contacted on 01924 366633.
School staff, whilst not wearing a uniform, are of course expected to dress appropriately and model a smart professional appearance.
School uniform consists of:
- Grey trousers, long or short.
- Grey pinafore dress or skirt.
- Navy blue V-neck jumper or cardigan.
- White shirt for Juniors with school tie (available in school for £2.70).
- White polo shirt for Infants.
- Black shoes, with a sensible height heel. (Fashion shoes are not appropriate footwear for school.)
White or grey socks.
Children may need to bring a hat and sun cream for protection against the sun.
Girls may wear navy blue and white checked dresses.
- Children need a complete change of clothes.
- White T-shirt, navy blue shorts and white socks . (please do not send children with football team shirts / shorts or designer logos.)
- Long hair needs to be tied back.
- All jewellery must be removed.
- Children work barefoot indoors
- Pumps or trainers for outdoor games.
- Navy blue tracksuits for cold weather.
P.E. Kit should be brought into school on Monday mornings and taken home on Friday afternoons. (Under Covid-19 restrictions, children should come into school wearing their outdoor P.E kit on the days their class have P.E)
Children in Year 4 will need swimwear for their swimming lessons on Monday afternoons. The swimming baths do not allow shorts, bikinis or jewellery to be worn. (Under Covi-19 restrictions we expect the swimming programme to resume after the October half term)
All clothing should be marked with the children's names or initials.
Your child will need a book bag (Navy blue)
Jewellery should not be worn in school, however if your child has pierced ears they may wear small stud earrings, but these will need to be removed for P.E.
Pupils should not come to school wearing nail varnish.