Free School Meals - Two Week Hampers
Commencing on Monday 20th April we will be providing hampers to parents who are eligible to FSM through the benefits system. The links below are a guideline as to what the hampers may contain along with a cook book with meal suggestions, please note that the hampers are subject to change.
Please contact the school office prior to Friday 10th April if you wish to receive a hamper.
Benefits to the Food Hampers
- Reduces the risk for parents going to supermarkets to spend FSM vouchers
- Limits the trips to school site to collect FSM grab bags
- Ensures parents can obtain the core ingredients as supermarket shelves are scarce
- Ingredients to produce a minimum of 10 lunch time dishes including a healthy dessert option each day.
- Easy to prepare dishes.
- A list of ideas for dishes which can be prepared using the ingredients.
- Includes ingredients which all families are struggling to currently purchase.
- Can also be supplied with the “cook at home” cookbook which has activities for the families to complete.
- Includes a breakfast option
- Includes a local hero Vegetable (Poskitts Carrots) which can be eaten as a healthy snack.
- Includes “sweet treats” above the 10 deserts supplied
As from 1st April 2020 the cost of a school meal is £2.19 per day or £10.95 per week, payable in advance on Monday mornings.
Children may bring a packed lunch, however, please note we have no refrigerated facility in which to store them.
As from 31st October 2016 our school meals provider has been Feeding Hungry Minds formerly known as ISS Education.
Please use the link below to view their website for more information:-
Having received many requests from parents we are happy to say that as from September you have been able to pay for and order your child's meals online, if you wish to do so, using the website link above. Please note:- you do not have to pre-order your child's meal (as stated on the flyer below). Pupils will still be able to choose a meal on the day.
Please see below information on how to register .
Parent Payments and Meal Pre-Selections can be accessed on https://payment.cypad.net/ISSEducationNorth
Every day the children have a choice of several main courses. A vegetarian option, a non vegetarian option, a sandwich option or a jacket potato.
There is a choice of vegetables or a selection from our salad bar, along with fresh bread cooked on the premises every day.
As from September we are adding soup to accompany the sandwich option.
Finally the children have a selection of desserts to choose from.
We also operate a Monday and Friday Club, where children who normally bring a packed lunch to school can order a school meal.
Please use the links below to view the menu and an introductory letter from ISS
Our School Council have been working very hard this year carrying out a survey throughout school and having discussions with their classes about healthy eating and what should be included in a packed lunch.
Please see below the policy which has been created as a result of their hard work.